In this post you will learn how to configure POP3 for Outlook, Eudora and Thunderbird. Yahoo! mail was one amongst the earliest email provider companies to cater free web based email services to its customers. Now the technology has hit its new high, so it has now been made possible to access the Yahoo! mailbox through the client versions of mail software like Outlook, Eudora and Thunderbird. There are two methods to access Yahoo! mailbox with the client versions: one is to start off the Yahoo! Direct and make use of web and POP access provided under the mail options. And the other method is to generate a doorway among these client versions and Yahoo! mail by combining the POP3 and HTTP servers that provides uninterrupted connectivity.
Method 1: Activate the Yahoo! Direct Option :
1. Go to your Yahoo! mail account.
2. On the top right corner, go to the ‘Mail’ options.
3. Open the ‘POP access and transfer’ on the new window.
4. You will see a Yahoo Direct registration page.
5. Fill the necessary details in the required fields and follow the instructions.
6. Click on the ‘Web and Pop Access’ option on the last screen.
7. Configure the email client you want.
Method 2: Use the Alternate Options in Place of Yahoo! Direct
Many applications are available now that act as a doorway between the email clients and Yahoo! mail by providing a POP3 server interface on one end and HTTP client interface on the other end.