The benefit of configuring email accounts is that you get access to many email accounts in one place which makes it convenient for user to switch from one account to other.
In this peace of Write up, we will tell you how you can configure your Yahoo! Mail account in Outlook.
Steps to configure your Yahoo! Account:
1. Choose "Email Accounts" in Tools Menu
2. Click Add a new email account> “Next”
3. Select "POP3" and click "Next"
4. Visit "User Information" section
5. Type your full name in the given field “Your Name".
6. Enter your email address in the field labelled "Email address".
7. Enter your server name in Incoming mail server (POP3)". The server name should match your email address. Suppose your email address is email@example.com, type in "michael@ yahoo.com.
8. Enter your server name in outgoing mail server (SMTP) also. Again the server name should match your email address. Suppose your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, type in "michael@ yahoo.com.
9. When done, go to the "Logon information" section and in the field labeled "User name", enter your current Yahoo! username only (e.g. johnsmith).
10. In the field labeled "Password", enter your current password and check the option "Remember password".
How to know your Yahoo Mail account is working in Outlook:
After configuring your Yahoo! Mail account in Out Look, your first intention will be to know is your account working or not. To verify is your Yahoo! Mail account working in Outlook, follow this simple procedure, you will come to know about it.
1. Visit "Test Account Settings", you will be informed about the missing information if any. You have an option to correct it.
2. Now visit more settings> General tab
3. Click on Mail Account
4. Enter "Yahoo! Mail"
5. "Outgoing Server" tab > "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication". When done, choose "Next" and click "Finish"
Click here more Details: